Friday, October 25, 2013

Learning to do the Lord's Work at Institute

Elder and Sister May are fabulous teachers! I have been learning so much about family history. Before this quarter I had no idea how to do family history work and now my tree is HUGE. I come from a family of nonmembers, so there is a lot of work to be done! It is so exciting to find more and more family members whose temple work needs to be done. I am looking forward to taking family names to the temple for the first time at the end of this quarter!

This week we learned how to use documents to find new people. Through an old census record I was able to find that my great great grand parents had seven children, all of which need temple work done. It is so exciting to find new people, it is like solving a puzzle. They are all waiting to be found and to have their temple work done for them, and I am excited to be that person for them. I am thankful for the opportunity that the Institute has provided for me to learn to do family history and learn about the importance of family. Institute has blessed my life, and it can bless yours too! It's never too late to sign up for a class!

Hope to see you at Institute,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment