Friday, April 25, 2014

Why do I come to Institute?

            Institute is a great blessing in my life and I love coming each and every week. But when it comes down to it, why am I here? Why do I keep coming back every week?
            I came to Institute for the first time in the fall quarter of my freshman year. I came because I wanted to learn more about the scriptures and meet other LDS students. I was eager to learn the more about the scriptures; I was a convert to the church and only had a year and a half of seminary. I felt that I had a lot of catching up to do. I came in expecting Institute to be a classroom I came to twice a week for 50 minutes and that would be it, but it turned out to be so much more than that.
            The Institute turned in to my home away from home, a safe haven. The Institute welcomed me with open arms, the teachers and students alike. Coming to college and moving away from home is a big transition for everyone, and through this difficult time Institute was a consistent strength for me. I was able to feel peace during a stressful time in my life. It seemed like everyone at the Institute was specifically there to help and strengthen me. This truly strengthened my testimony and I knew that I was exactly where the Lord wanted me to be. The Institute gave me a place to be me, a place to serve, and a place to learn.
            So why am I here? Why am I at the Institute? I am here for the people and the love that I have for them, I am here to learn about the gospel that I love with all of my heart, I am here because it strengthens me, and I am here because it is home.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment