Friday, April 22, 2011

Preparing for Easter



by Maggie Brown

This quarter I'm taking Book of Mormon: 1st Nephi-2nd Nephi with Sister Harwood and Sister Anderson. I love this class, usually there are only four of us- the two sisters, another student, and me- which allows for some really good conversations. This week we talked about the first few chapters of 2nd Nephi and the prophecies about Christ that are made there which was a great preparation for Easter. The best part of the whole class was hearing the testimonies of the sister missionaries about Christ. Sister Anderson shared the words to "I Stand All Amazed" and we sang "I Believe in Christ" and for the fifty minutes in class I felt this great spirit of unity between the four of us. Even though we are all in different stages of life, it was great to share testimonies together and be joined by that. It was definitely the highlight of my day, and one of the things that makes me look forward to this class. I'm grateful that Institute this week could help me get ready for Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment